The Transportation Coordinator portion of this role oversees the movement of finished goods, product orders, and the loading/delivery of bulk feed and flour loads. The Bulk Load Supervisor portion supervises the bulk loaders handling bulk loads, collaborating closely with the Warehouse Supervisor to optimize transportation of finished goods and incoming materials. The incumbent coordinates with Armstrong and Chilliwack divisions, collaborating with sales, warehouse, and production teams for the prompt delivery of finished goods to Rogers Foods customers.
- Strong logical, conceptual, analytical, and organizational skills to perform the analytical portion of duties.
- Previous experience in warehousing and with the motor carrier industry.
- Demonstrated understanding, ability, and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and ERP systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Related training in business with Logistics & Supply Chain focus
- S.C.P designation and/or enrollment in the C.S.C.P. program is considered an asset.
- Provide support and coordination of truck and export shipments.
- Ensure prompt and accurate processing of orders, dispatching them for on-time delivery.
- Facilitate the coordination of product transfers between divisions where required.
- Provide exceptional customer service, internally and externally.
- Conduct studies and analytical research on logistics and transportation projects, including:
- Reload studies, carrier rate analysis, and what-if scenarios.
- Transportation options, and other duties as assigned.
- Support and contribute to the design and implementation of information systems that align with transportation requirements and company food safety standards.
- Provide operational back-up for transportation and logistics staff.
Bulk Load Supervisor
- Manage daily bulk loading operations of feed and flour.
- Staff scheduling, load scheduling, and dispatch.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) while performing job duties and tasks.
- Responsible for compliance with Canada Labour Occupational Health and Safety requirements and company safety standards.